Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Wip completed, union jack block used to make a zip pouch.

I have finally gotten the hang of constructing a lined zip pouch with proper zip ends to boot. I am bubbling with pride every time I gaze at this finished product. I also used one of my orphan improv blocks for the lining, for that added touch of visual interest. The front exterior is denim and drop cloth canvas and a subway art fabric from ecclectic elements and the back was made with a thrifted wool herringbone, because both fabrics used were a little heavier i did not have to use any interfacing or batting. I did the union jack block a little differently as i appliqued it to the denim by layering it and top-stitching it down, i did this because i believed it would save time, but once you factor in the pressing and turning of all the raw edges, it may have taken longer to do it this way...
At any rate, I will be making another matching bag that can be worn over the shoulder.. It is so exciting to be able to add to my own purse collection without having to go to the mall and purchase anything, I had all of the materials used on hand, because I buy fabric like I used to buy clothes and bags.... I love fabric... I just applied for a job at my local quilt shop, unfortunately the hours they currently have available are not the best, but beggars can't be choosers... So we shall see. There is still one more quilt shop that I just learned of that I am looking forward to visiting and dropping off a resume... wish me luck, I would love to have a job that put me in the midst of all that fabric, heaven....

No comments:

Post a Comment